Published on Tuesday, 30 July 2013 12:33
Panasonic Viera Connect is pleased to announce the arrival of the HTML5 SDK. In order to help kick-start the development process, they have provided extensive step by step guides. Below is a list of items that will be of interest:
- Development Guide: To help you set up ytheir development environment and give you an understanding of how the SDK functions.
- Application Tutorials: To help you create real world examples step-by-step.
Included tutorials are:
- Memory Game tutorial: shows the different navigation techniques enhanced for TVs.
- Video Player tutorial: a fully functional video player that will certainly be a starting point if you are interested in building this kind of an app.
- API Reference and Capabilities: This will give you a detailed understanding of what the SDK supports and what HTML5 elements are currently supported in their HTML5 SDK.
If you haven't already, they encourage you to join their free Technical Evaluation account where you can get access to the SDK Tutorials and assess technical compatibility with their platform.
- Log into Viera Connect Developers with your existing account by clicking here
- You will be automatically be forwarded to the Account Upgrade page
- Click Register
And that's it! You will now be a Technical Evaluation account holder.
*Access to tutorials is available to Technical Account holders.
Some of the apps from the development communityusing the HTML5 SDK include Berliner Philharmoniker and Creepster