Share this Article
Around 2.5 million Dutch households used video on demand in September, according to the Stichting Video On Demand, reports Telecom Paper Online.
This is up from around 2 million in April and 1.5 million in September 2012. Provider services (UPC, Ziggo, KPN) accounted for 68 percent of the market, while the other 32 percent came from online services, such as Pathe Thuis, Videoland, Ximon, iTunes, RTL XL and Kijk.nl. Consumers watch films the most over VoD (56%), followed by series (18%) and other programmes (13%). The TV is the most common channel to access the service (93 percent), while a computer is used in 19 percent of cases. The Stichting Video on Demand is an initiative of UPC, Ziggo, Warner, Walt Disney, Sony Pictures, NBCUniversal, A-Film and Fox.