Published on Tuesday, 08 April 2014 10:08
Skype has just announced a new solution for broadcasters available soon. The improved offering is a result of Skype’s recent acquisition long-time broadcast partner Cat and Mouse and they are currently building on the existing Cat and Mouse technology to deliver a high quality hardware and software Skype integration direct into a studio environment."Skype TX"
is studio grade software that delivers high quality audio and video output to seamlessly connect broadcast and media productions with people around the world.
Broadcasters will now be able to use the new Skype TX to develop new formats and creative concepts for live, video on demand and other digital content – creating even more engaging moments. The Skypeinmedia.com
website showcases examples of how Skype has been used in media to enhance the broadcast experience. Here, broadcasters can also download brand assets to use in their productions. All of this combined with the launch of Skype TX, means we now offer a complete suite of tools for broadcasters to enrich the viewer’s experience.
Here are more details on Skype TX:
Studio Grade – Skype TX is designed and optimized for professional studio environments.
- Powerful – Seamlessly adds full-frame Skype video and audio via SDI.
- Responsive – User experience is optimized for broadcast workflow with API integration and call management.
- Quality – A single, integrated production grade system to deliver professional audio and video calls. Skype video feeds processed into broadcast formats:
- Free of audio/visual distractions such as call notifications and ads.
- HD-SDI Video output/input
- Balanced audio output/input
- Auto aspect ratio conversion
- Total control – Empowers a single operator to manage multi-channel calls and create compelling, new formats with HD-SDI Skype video feeds direct to your switcher.
- Go anywhere – Cost effective for use in studio and outside broadcast integration.
- Reliability – Built for always-on operation in a dynamic environment, including call handling management for multiple, simultaneous Skype calls on one management interface, plus operator previews, auto fall back to still and call quality monitoring.
- Support – Fully supported by a team of specialist Microsoft-trained broadcast technical team.
Access participants around the globe – Powered by Skype, the unparalleled ability to access and enrich programming content by connecting and transmitting contributors, the world over, right into the heart of the show.
- Access – Real-time access to people from around the world.
- Connections – Richer programming with video connections to stars, experts and audiences.
- Unconstrained by geography – Engineered for the most challenging Internet conditions.
- Content without costs – Connect people via Skype free of transmission cost.