Published on Thursday, 02 February 2012 18:47
Want to watch Got To Dance in a whole new way? Power up Zeebox on your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch or on the web for the next six weeks every Sunday night at 6pm and you’ll see that Got To Dance has become super-social! Everything you’ll need to know about the judges, the acts, and the dancing – in one place. The fruits of Sky's investment into Zeebox
- at a rumoured 15 million dollars for a ten percent stake (valuation at 150 million dollars) are already starting to bear - mere weeks from the announcement of their investment.
Connect Four Productions, IMImobile, BskyB, Princess Productions, Cat & Mouse, and Zeebox teamed up on the project to create the social fusion and second screen experience... and are aiming to improve the social alignment in the show itself and to drive engagement numbers. The project was received extremely well by all the stakeholders at Sky according to one industry source.
MD for Connect Four Productions Tom Bowers who Sky has brought in as a senior engagement consultant told Appmarket.tv:
"Implementing social media and viewer engagement to this scale with an established format such as Got To Dance has proven that viewer interaction can enhance the format brand rather than detract from it."
The project came together through Connect Four Productions relationship with all the above companies and harnessing the best technical solutions to ensure that the social media narrative was woven into the show smoothly.
Here's how it works:
- The live semi-final shows of Got to Dance engage with its live audience through a new 'Social wall', a huge video display located in the studio.
- The social wall carries moderated comments from Facebook, Twitter & a 'live chat' facility on the show's website. After each semi finalist performs, a snapshot of the real-time social media activity is displayed on the video wall, with one message being read out live by host Davina McCall after each performance.
- The messages which appear on the Social Wall are available via the show's page on Zeebox.
- The integration of social media into the show has come about as a result of close collaboration between Sky & Connect Four Productions (who have previously worked on Million Pound Drop & The Bank Job) and Princess Productions, the makers of the show.
- The social media message is moderated by IMImobile before they appear on the wall, and converted into live studio graphics by Cat & Mouse
- The messages for each act are then pushed to Zeebox so users in the Got to Dance Zeebox page can see which messages are chosen to feature on the wall.
Zeebox is a social, immersive and interactive way to watch Got To Dance where you can chat, share and tweet about the latest acts’ performance, or how much you love our judges, or how excited you are to find out who gets crowned Got To Dance champion 2012 as well as Plus, scenes from backstage, act interviews, profile videos and hints!
Get the Zeebox Got To Dance experience online at zeebox.com or download the Zeebox app from the app store.