Published on Thursday, 20 May 2010 11:08
In addition to the news LOVEFiLM: Now Streaming to Samsung TVs
, the other Online Video/TV news is about Clicker.tv.
report the launch of Clicker.tv which will connect you to a database of 650,000 TV online episodes.
According to ITVT, Clicker.tv is:
"the first complete programming guide to Internet television" and "the first truly comprehensive, structured and unbiased resource for navigating all broadcast- and broadcast-quality programming online."
Clicker.tv indexes content from Youtube
, network TV show video sites and many other sources.
aspect of Clicker.tv is that it's entirely Web-based and supported by HTML5. This allows users to use the EPG by just the use of keyword arrows or a configured remote control.
Click here for full image
Clicker.tv offers an index of over:
* 650,000 complete episodes from over 10,000 shows in over 1,400 categories;
* 30,000 movies and
* 80,000 music videos.
Key features of Clicker.tv are as follow:
- Home: Clicker.tv's homepage features trending shows and episodes popular with Clicker users, as well as new ones that have just come online, with click-to-watch functionality.
- Search: In order to search on Clicker.tv, the company says, users navigating the guide on a configured remote can use the arrow keys to enter the name of a show or movie, the title of an episode, or the name of a specific topic. Clicker.tv will then offer auto-complete suggestions from all media types. Users on a keyboard can just start typing, from anywhere on the page, Clicker says.
- Categories: According to the company, Clicker.tv users can browse its over 1,400 categories to find topical content across all media types, simply by using their arrow keys to scroll.
- Media Type: Users can also browse within media types using TV, Web, Music and Movies icons. For example, Clicker says, if a user is only interested in Web Originals, they can navigate to the Web icon where they will be able to sort by title, popularity or airdate, or browse by topical "themes" such as family-friendly, dark comedy or social issues.
- Playlists: Clicker.tv provides users with the ability to create playlists of their favorite shows for later viewing, the company says, and also to set up notifications for when new content comes online.