Published on Wednesday, 12 January 2011 12:23
AccuWeather.com, the world's leading multimedia weather information
source, has announced its partnership with Panasonic, a leader in Full
HD technology and connected TV entertainment, to launch an
AccuWeather.com application on Panasonic's new VIERA Connect platform
for its 2011 line of VIERA Connect-enabled VIERA HDTVs.
"We're very excited about our partnership with Panasonic and their
VIERA Connect platform," said Pascal Racheneur, Vice President of
Interactive Media for AccuWeather. "The preloaded AccuWeather.com
application is animated and fun-to-use, and makes it possible for users
to check for accurate and localized weather forecasts for their current
location or for any location on Earth - all from the convenience of
their Panasonic VIERA HDTV."
The AccuWeather.com application features:
- Accurate and localized forecasts for all global locations in more than 30 languages.
- Detailed hourly forecasts for the next six hours and comprehensive
forecasts for the next eleven days, all updated every hour to provide
the greatest level of accuracy.
- Dynamic, informative animated weather maps including Doppler radar,
current and forecast weather conditions, and satellite imagery.
- More than 500, new, broadcast-quality city, regional, national, and
international forecast and severe weather videos available every day.
All videos are up-to-date and localized, with many available in both
English and Spanish.
- Warnings for severe and disruptive weather threats, such as snow
and ice, heavy rain and high winds, hurricanes and tropical storms, and
thunderstorms and tornadoes.
- Special lifestyle weather and health forecasts with detail for
specific outdoor activities, such as dog walking, tennis, and gardening,
and health-related weather forecasts, such as UV forecasts and weather
conditions for people suffering from allergies.
The Panasonic VIERA Connect platform and the AccuWeather.com
preloaded weather application will be available to the public in the
spring of 2011.