Published on Friday, 31 January 2014 07:34
Created by The Intersection, a research company owned by Chuck Parker
and TV technology executive Renaud Fuchs
, and published by the 2nd
Screen Society, the report presents both the global market size and segmentation of the hundreds of consumer facing apps in the market place, the build-up of the market sizing, a deep-dive on the technology driving this space, the latest trends and case studies on the leading apps in the market. Additionally, the report will cover how consumers are using their 2nd screens as 1st screens both in and out of the living room, as TV Everywhere strategies come into full effect in the consumer market place. For more information in purchasing the report click here.
“With 35 million tablets sold during the holiday season in 2012 and an estimated 40% of all television viewers now enhancing the experience with a 2nd screen, this is clearly the trend to watch for 2013,” Parker explains. “What can you expect to see in 2nd screen developments in 2013 and who are the current leaders? How will the giants of today’s video industry respond to this challenge? We answer these questions and more in this report.”
- Why Second Screen Matters
Unique insight into the potential consumer impact and market size of this quickly growing phenomena.
The market is already estimated to be at $490 million in 2012, and will rocket to as large as $5.9 billion by 2017
Developing insight into the current capabilities and future development of the hundreds of apps in the market place based on how they aid consumers in controlling the 1st screen, discovering new content, enhancing their viewing experience and enabling a shared, social experience.
- A Deep Dive on Technology
Discussing what is hype and what 2013 potentially holds.
- Over 50 In-Depth Case Studies
Covering the leaders in each use-based segment.
The technology status and future developments:
- How ACR and the “system level” 2nd screen platform from Xbox SmartGlass will have significant impact on the marketplace
- A segmentation of the market and a scoring of hundreds of companion apps:
That are used to control, discover, enhance, share and multi-task.
- An analysis of the players in the ecosystem:
Why studios and TV shows focus on enhancement and pay TV operators focus on control.
- A full-blown usage analysis, business models and market sizing with detailed data to 2017.
Click here to buy the report.
A detailed review of the Top 50 apps:
- What works and what doesn't and identifying key feature sets.
- A detailed look at trends and future state of the 2nd screen market
- An 18-month detailed forecast:
- Describing trends we believe will have a short-term impact on this emerging marketplace for applications and 2nd-screen technologies.
- A deep review of second screen as a viewing device